About Lee Broom
Lee Broom is one of the UK’s leading product & interior designers. Since 2007 he has released over 75 furniture and lighting products, which he designs and manufactures under his own label and has created more than 20 products for other brands. He has also designed over 40 commercial retail, restaurant, bar and residential interiors.
He has won more than 20 awards including the prestigious British Designer of the Year Award in 2012 and won his 4th award in 3 consecutive years in the British Design Awards for his renowned lighting product, the ‘Crystal Bulb’ in 2013.
In April 2015 Lee Broom received a Queen’s Award for Enterprise – the UK’s highest accolade for business success. The company received the award in the category of International Trade, in recognition of achieving significant international growth and increased year on year export figures.
A supporter of British manufacturing techniques, Broom designs, manufactures and retails his own collections, in addition to collaborating with leading brands including Christian Louboutin, Mulberry and Matthew Williamson.
Having started out in theatre school - a beginning which has greatly influenced the sense of drama and narrative that his collections create - Broom’s career took a change of direction after he won a fashion design competition at the age of 17. This led him to meet and then go onto work for the legendary designer Vivienne Westwood, after which he studied for a degree in fashion design at Central St Martins. Fashion is still a great source of inspiration and The Guardian commented, “Lee Broom is to furniture what Marc Jacobs or Tom Ford are to fashion.”
During his degree, Broom provided décor advice to a number of independent bars across London, which cemented an organic move into interior design. In 2007 the Lee Broom label was launched with his first furniture collection entitled ‘Neo Neon’ which received critical acclaim and since then he has launched two new collections each year during Milan Design Week and The London Design Festival, which sell globally. His products are now sold in over 120 stores and in 40 countries worldwide.
Lee Broom has been described by The Financial Times as “Among the most respected British Talents”.
- Wallpaper* Design Awards, Best Divine Inspiration, Chapel Light, 2016
- Wallpaper* Design Awards, Power 200 List of International Designers, Top 20 Under 40, 2015
- Queen's Award for Enterprise, International Trade, 2015
- Milano Design Awards, Top 15 Shows for 'The Department Store Exhibition', 2015
- Wallpaper* Design Awards, Best Breakfast in Bed, On The Rock Glass, 2015
- British Design Award, Crystal Bulb, 2012
- Grand Prix Strategies du Design, Best Design & Packaging, Ballantine’s 12 Year Old, 2012
- British Design Awards, Designer of the Year Award, 2011
- The Independent Top 50 UK Best Bars, No. 9 Nightjar, 2011
- British Design Awards, Best Product Design, Carpetry Sideboard 2010
- British Design Awards, Best Interior Design, Coquine Bar 2010
- Studio East Award for Product Design in association with Westfield Stratford 2010
- Brand Ambassador Award for Art and Design for Courvoisier 2010
- 13th Most Influential person in bar industry, Theme Magazine 2009
- Top 25 Most Influential in bar industry, Night magazine 2009
- The Independent top 50 UK Best Bars, No. 11 Lost Society, 2009
- The Independent top 50 UK Best Bars, No. 50 Arts Theatre Club, 2009
- Courvoisier Future 500 Award in association with The Observer 2008
- GQ magazine, 100 Best things in the world List, The Valmont club 2007
- Theme Award, Best New Bar, Buffalo, 2007
- Time Out Bar of the year Award, Lost Society, Clapham, 2006
- My Chelsea, Best New Bar Award, Rumi Bar, 2005
- Theme Award, Best New Bar, The Lansdowne, 2005
- My Hampstead Best Restaurant Award, Mojama 2004
- Theme Award, Best Chain Bar Award, Bedouin Bar, 2003
- Theme Award, Best New Bar Award, Bedouin Bar, 2003
- GQ Food and Drink Awards, Best Interior, Old Tom and English, 2015
- Blueprint Awards, Best Small Project, Marks Bar Selfridges, 2014
- Retail Week Awards, Best Lighting, Christian Louboutin, Harrods, 2014
- Homes & Gardens Design Awards, Best Furniture Designer, 2011
- British Design Awards, Designer of the Year, 2011
- British Design Awards, Best Product Design, Parq Life Sideboard 2011
- Elle Decoration British Design Awards, Best Interior Design, Topman Personal Shopping Suite 2011
- Homes and Gardens Design Awards, Best Product Designer, 2010
- Time Out Bar of the Year Award, The Lost Angel, 2009
- Theme Award, One to Watch in Design, 2009
- Theme Award, Best Venue Design, 10 Feet Tall 2009
- Class Bar Awards, Best Interior Design Lost Society, 2006
- Theme Award, Best Interior Design, The Lansdowne, 2005
- Class Bar Awards, Best Interior Design The Lansdowne, 2005
- Evening Standard Bar of the Year Award, Nylon 2002